Apr 10, 2010

Linked Pages in Blogger

I started this blog to make use of this particular feature, pages that work as tabs- Blogger now gives you the chance to have your posts displayed in tabs. What this means is that you can now group your posts into categories, and display them as tabs- and, also, provide RSS for each of them.

I wanted this feature, because I post too indiscriminately: and it makes sense to display them in particular categories, and have people reading only what they want to.

I learnt all about setting up tabs here- "How to get Tabs (navigation bar) on new blogger templates". It is incredibly simple.

And then, I should thank Giri for the idea of grouping posts under a particular label, and display them as tabs.



I had suspended posting in We Belong Here, mainly because it had become too unwieldy after more than seven hundred and fifty posts. There's a blog I have set up in Tamil on Wordpress, ப்ளீஸ், ஒரு நிமிஷம் வெயிட் பண்ணுங்க…, and it had what I needed. I am now happy that I could do the same here in English and in Blogger.

I could have carried on in the old blog, but as I said, that one has become too unwieldy- because my idea is to have categories and people having the chance to choose to read only one or two of them. I could've done it there, but this seems like turning a new page. Let's see how it goes.